Website Privacy and Security Policy
Privacy and Security
Except as described in this Policy or as otherwise required by law, we will not sell, rent or give information which identifies you personally to anyone. Personal information is information about you that is not publicly available and can identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- When you visit the Site, our web server automatically recognizes your domain name, IP address or your originating internet service provider, your computer's operating system, browser type, CPU speed, the address of the web page you're coming from and of those pages you visit on our Site. We may store that information and use it to customize content presented to you. We may use this data in the aggregate to determine how much our customers use parts of our Site so we can improve it. But, we don't automatically recognize or collect your name, email address, home address or telephone number unless you have specifically provided this information to us on the Site or we have obtained it from offline data.
- We do collect personal information consisting of the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email.
- We may collect mobile and other phone numbers as part of our final checkout.
- When you order goods available for purchase on our Site, we collect additional personal information including your name, address, phone number, credit card or other payment information (including account numbers and expiration dates), and "ship-to" name and address, if different than your name and address. We collect credit card account numbers and expiration dates each time you make a purchase so that we can process the transaction.
- We record search requests and results to try to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of our search engine. We use your IP address to track your use of the Site, including pages visited and the time spent on each page. All of the information that is automatically submitted to us by your browser is considered anonymous information. To the extent we share such information with third parties, it is not traceable to any particular user and will not be used to contact you.
- The Site may use “Cookies.” Cookies are small data files that assign you a unique identifier. This information enables your computer to have a dialogue with our Site. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a Cookie or to prevent Cookies from being sent.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- All personal information that we collect may be used to: improve our Site; customize the content or layout of our Site pages for individual visitors; notify customers about updates to the Site; marketing purposes; communicate with our customers about their orders or accounts (transactional and administrative messages); and/or product recalls.
- We may share your personal information with our strategic partners and other third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf (such as credit card payment processing, and order processing, fulfillment and delivery), but their activities are subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations. We may also share aggregated data with these parties. Aggregated data is gathered from many different customers and does not contain any personal information.
- We may use your personal information combined with the Site’s shopping information to provide special offers tailored to your interests.
- We may disclose your personal information to a third party if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by the law, is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, imminent bodily harm, or to protect our company or another individual or business. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
- Our use of your personal information will be consistent with this Policy. From time to time, we may use your personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post changes to this policy on our Site to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should check back at the Site periodically.
What Security Measures Are in Place with Respect to My Information?
- We have in place the following security measures:
- Hand & Craft, a subsidiary of Byrne Electrical Specialists, Inc. uses payment gateways that are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, meaning that your account data information (including credit card numbers and expiration dates) is protected according to prevailing industry practices.
- Internally, we restrict account data information (including credit card numbers and expiration dates) under our control to those persons who have a need to know such information.
Due to risks inherent in using the Internet and sophisticated third-party hackers, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Other than these security measures, you transmit data, including personal information, to us at your own risk.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared or public computer. You are responsible to keep your password secret.
Your California Privacy Rights:
- Pursuant to Section 17538 of the California Business and Professions Code, residents of California that are involved in internet transactions have the right to know certain information. This information as it applies to your transactions on the Site is as follows:
- Hand & Craft, a Subsidiary of Byrne Electrical Specialists, Inc.
- Address: 320 Byrne Industrial Dr., Rockford MI, 49341.
- All products are built to order, all sales are final
Further, within 30 days of accepting payment for a sale on the Site, we will either (1) ship the goods ordered, (2) provide a full refund, (3) send a written notice of a delay and offer a refund, or (4) provide substitute goods or services. All sales are further subject to the terms and conditions agreed to when placing the order.
If You Have any Questions or Comments
- You may contact us at:
Direct Mail Address:
Hand & Craft
320 Byrne Industrial Drive
Rockford, MI 49341
Phone: (800) 999-3567